MS Support Services
Support in improving MS Services to deliver great patient care
Dr Matt Craner describes the Frimley Park Hospital Trust approach to auditing and transforming patient services to cope with ever-increasing demand, sharing his team’s priorities for sustainability transformation. If any of these areas of service development - small or large, resonate with your own service’s needs, contact us to learn how Biogen can support you.
Biogen is a leader in multiple sclerosis and committed to improving solutions and services for patients
The NICE Quality Standards for multiple sclerosis (MS) state that adults with MS should be offered:1
MS services are under growing pressure and demand driven by increasing patient numbers, increased monitoring requirements and shortages of MS nurses.2–5
Biogen offer solutions to help you meet these standards and reduce the pressures on your MS service
Optimise your service
MS service audit: how well does your service meet recommendations?
HES dashboard: understand your current service
Lean Six Sigma: improve your MS service by optimising care and minimising inefficiencies
FLOW blood monitoring service: provides effective blood monitoring to your patients
Nurse education programme: training and development for new and existing MS nurses
National scientific exchange: meet your peers and share ideas
RWE education programme: increase understanding of RWE and its uses
MRI education programme: increase understanding and improve PML management
Neurology service managers national network: a forum exploring how strategic and operational initiatives affect delivery of services
Delivering quality care
Adherence and motivational interviewing: optimise patients’ treatment adherence
Time is brain
Click below to understand how to reduce the long term resource burden for MS patients
Do any of these areas of service development - small or large, resonate with your own service’s needs?
Please contact your local Biogen representative if you would like to share ideas or if you have any questions around how your local Biogen team could support you.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. MS quality standards, QS108. 2016. Available at: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/QS108/chapter/List-of-quality-statements (accessed October 2018)
- Mackenzie IS et al. Incidence and prevalence of multiple sclerosis in the UK 1990–2010: a descriptive study in the General Practice Research Database. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2014 Jan;85(1):76-84
- Croft A et al. MS Forward View: a consensus for the future of MS services. November 2016. Available at: https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/Future-of-MS-Services-WEB-FINAL.pdf (accessed October 2018)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society. MS Treatment in England: Is treatment still a lottery? June 2016. Available at: https://mss-cdn.azureedge.net/-/media/our-media-files/resource-files/3- get-involved/ms-treatment-in-england-report.pdf (accessed September 2018)
- Mynors G et al. MS Specialist Nursing in the UK 2016: Report on progress towards equitable provision. September 2016. Available at: https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/MS-Specialist-Nursing-in-the-UK-2016.pdf (accessed October 2018)
Biogen-17218 Date of Prep: August 2019